EVERYTHING FORUM
This forum is retired.
EVERYTHING FORUM
This forum is retired.
EVERYTHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

EVERYTHING FORUM

Retired site. No more members will be accepted.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Some (Well, LOTS) suggestions

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Irony

Some (Well, LOTS) suggestions Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Some (Well, LOTS) suggestions Right_bar_bleue

Some (Well, LOTS) suggestions Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Some (Well, LOTS) suggestions Right_bar_bleue

EF Points : 3944

Some (Well, LOTS) suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Some (Well, LOTS) suggestions   Some (Well, LOTS) suggestions EmptyMon Sep 09, 2013 9:53 am

Hello to whoever is reading this, hopefully it's the owner. I haven't been on your site for long (about 10 minutes), but already I know a couple of things. You've put work into this site, I can see that. You have lots of topics and lots of posts. Actually, you have about 70% of the total posts on the forum. Anyway, just because I can and want to help you, I've decided to put lots of suggestions up as to ways you can improve this forum, because lets face it, it's crap. I don't mean to offend, I'm just saying.

For one thing, you haven't used much, if any, grammar in your forum and topics titles and such like that. It makes the forum look ... crap? Unprofessional, at the least. It's sure to drive away visitors. I searched up "Forums about everything" And this was about 3rd down. That's pretty impressive. With some work, this could easily become super popular. Along with the grammar, you want to get a theme ASAP. This default looking blue and white theme is ugly. If you do end up making a theme, only use 2 or 3 colours AT THE MOST. Do not use more than 3 colours, it's just ugly.

Actually, if you just fixed all the grammar and spelling on the main forum page and such, this forum would look 10 times better. You have a lot of topics as well. I know this is a forum about everything, but honestly, I doubt very many of those forums are actually being used.

Hopefully you'll take these suggestions to heart. If you do I'll keep finding ways to improve this forum, as it seems quite interesting. I'll post further ideas later, as I've only had a brief look over this forum.
Back to top Go down
Weird0
ADMIN
ADMIN

Screen names in other places : jesusfreac, TPBY, ssalrab2, Weird0, 0Weird0, oweird0,
Some (Well, LOTS) suggestions Left_bar_bleue52 / 10052 / 100Some (Well, LOTS) suggestions Right_bar_bleue

Some (Well, LOTS) suggestions Left_bar_bleue1 / 1001 / 100Some (Well, LOTS) suggestions Right_bar_bleue

Male Posts : 917
EF Points : 7416

PostSubject: Re: Some (Well, LOTS) suggestions   Some (Well, LOTS) suggestions EmptyMon Sep 09, 2013 9:59 am

Well, i did make this forum about 3 years ago, and i know my grammar was bad, and it's still not perfection... I'll work on it
Back to top Go down
http://everythingforum.niceboards.net/
Weird0
ADMIN
ADMIN

Screen names in other places : jesusfreac, TPBY, ssalrab2, Weird0, 0Weird0, oweird0,
Some (Well, LOTS) suggestions Left_bar_bleue52 / 10052 / 100Some (Well, LOTS) suggestions Right_bar_bleue

Some (Well, LOTS) suggestions Left_bar_bleue1 / 1001 / 100Some (Well, LOTS) suggestions Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Some (Well, LOTS) suggestions   Some (Well, LOTS) suggestions EmptyMon Sep 09, 2013 10:04 am

Also, if you have any color/banner suggestions or some input on that I'm not the best at that stuff, but I'd love to see some opinions
Back to top Go down
Irony

PostSubject: Re: Some (Well, LOTS) suggestions   Some (Well, LOTS) suggestions EmptyMon Sep 09, 2013 6:50 pm

Weird0 wrote:
Also, if you have any color/banner suggestions or some input on that I'm not the best at that stuff, but I'd love to see some opinions
What you've done already looks much better - it's way more professional. Once you have the proper grammar done it will look pure awesome. Also, for a theme, maybe try green/orange? This forum is about everything, so it might help to have some creative, flashy colours.
Back to top Go down
Weird0
ADMIN
ADMIN

PostSubject: Re: Some (Well, LOTS) suggestions   Some (Well, LOTS) suggestions EmptyTue Sep 10, 2013 6:38 pm

Irony wrote:
Weird0 wrote:
What you've done already looks much better - it's way more professional. Once you have the proper grammar done it will look pure awesome. Also, for a theme, maybe try green/orange? This forum is about everything, so it might help to have some creative, flashy colours.
I really don't like orange, but what kind of green are you referring to? I don't want something to dark
Back to top Go down
Irony

PostSubject: Re: Some (Well, LOTS) suggestions   Some (Well, LOTS) suggestions EmptyTue Sep 10, 2013 7:14 pm

Weird0 wrote:
Irony wrote:
Weird0 wrote:
I really don't like orange, but what kind of green are you referring to? I don't want something to dark
Not a dark green, a light / fluro like green. It'll give the forum a more bright look. Also, if you want, I'll fix the grammar for you. You'll just have to give me powers to do it - and you can demote me right after it's done, if you so wish. Smile
Back to top Go down
Weird0
ADMIN
ADMIN

PostSubject: Re: Some (Well, LOTS) suggestions   Some (Well, LOTS) suggestions EmptyTue Sep 10, 2013 7:20 pm

Irony wrote:
Weird0 wrote:
Irony wrote:
Weird0 wrote:
Not a dark green, a light / fluro like green. It'll give the forum a more bright look. Also, if you want, I'll fix the grammar for you. You'll just have to give me powers to do it - and you can demote me right after it's done, if you so wish. Smile
i'm currently working on archiving the old posts, if you could point out mistakes i can fix them, but i'm not sure where exactly you mean, and most of what is here now is going to be archived. I'd like to hear about your ideas for starting sections/forums? And usually a green goes with a darker color, that's what i was afraid of.
Back to top Go down
Irony

PostSubject: Re: Some (Well, LOTS) suggestions   Some (Well, LOTS) suggestions EmptyWed Sep 11, 2013 9:40 am

[quote="Weird0"][quote="Irony"][quote="Weird0"]
Irony wrote:
snippy
Good point. Maybe not green then, possibly a blue?

Here is a list of some mistakes I found (Some aren't actually mistakes, just things to make it look better) ;
1) The forum board called RULES (IMO) shouldn't be in caps. The description doesn't match it either.
2) Guest area description should have a capital at the start
3) Forum news description shouldn't have a '?' at the end.
4) Introduce yourself should have a capital at the start
5) General Discussion needs a cap.
6) Help (IMO, again) Shouldn't be in caps.
7) Most things in the Archive section just need a capital.

As you can see, most of it is just small grammar issues. It's quite noticable, at least to me, so you may want to fix them asap. Hope I helped Wink
Back to top Go down
Weird0
ADMIN
ADMIN

PostSubject: Re: Some (Well, LOTS) suggestions   Some (Well, LOTS) suggestions EmptyWed Sep 18, 2013 9:34 am

Irony wrote:
Here is a list of some mistakes I found (Some aren't actually mistakes, just things to make it look better) ;
1) The forum board called RULES (IMO) shouldn't be in caps. The description doesn't match it either.

As you can see, most of it is just small grammar issues. It's quite noticable, at least to me, so you may want to fix them asap. Hope I helped Wink
If you could give me a specific color or colors that would help.

I fixed the errors in the main topics, the archive section is probably going to end up hidden or trashed.
Back to top Go down
Irony

PostSubject: Re: Some (Well, LOTS) suggestions   Some (Well, LOTS) suggestions EmptyThu Oct 03, 2013 9:53 am

Weird0 wrote:
Irony wrote:

If you could give me a specific color or colors that would help.

I fixed the errors in the main topics, the archive section is probably going to end up hidden or trashed.
Hmmm... Colours. Let's think. An orange/black layout might work. Maybe neon green and purple. A dark/golden yellow and black/dark grey looks okay.
Back to top Go down
Weird0
ADMIN
ADMIN

PostSubject: Re: Some (Well, LOTS) suggestions   Some (Well, LOTS) suggestions EmptyWed Dec 04, 2013 7:47 am

I was thinking about those kinds of colors, but i really wouldn't like a dark forum (like black and green is really dark). I think that grey is the darkest i would go.
Back to top Go down
-Scripty
-Scripty

Screen names in other places : xNess (Toribash)

Some (Well, LOTS) suggestions Left_bar_bleue3 / 1003 / 100Some (Well, LOTS) suggestions Right_bar_bleue

Male Posts : 5
EF Points : 3859

PostSubject: Re: Some (Well, LOTS) suggestions   Some (Well, LOTS) suggestions EmptyWed Dec 04, 2013 9:31 am

Yeah, a nice banner would really work. Why don't you check out the community at Toribash forums. They are very artsy.

I can even possibly get you one... But they aren't free, they are actually VERY good. You would have to pay $1-2 to get a very decent one. These forums also look a little choppy, you know what I mean? It's kind of all boxish, and squareish and stuff... Also the "--RULES --FORUM GAMES --RPGs -- introduce yourself" thing at the top doesn't look too fancy either...

I also noticed that you have a thread for "all those LEGO fans", but not a music section? like rap, rock, favorite music, rap battles, etc.
Back to top Go down
Weird0
ADMIN
ADMIN

PostSubject: Re: Some (Well, LOTS) suggestions   Some (Well, LOTS) suggestions EmptyFri Dec 06, 2013 10:39 am

Please, if you'd like to say more, edit your post instead of posting serveral times (Rule 12)
Also, please read the rules.
I can make a banner, i don't need to pay anyone.
I can't figure out how to get rid of the links at the top. I did it about 2 years ago and can't find how to undo it.
I'll get into making a music section soon.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Some (Well, LOTS) suggestions   Some (Well, LOTS) suggestions Empty

Back to top Go down

Some (Well, LOTS) suggestions
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
EVERYTHING FORUM :: EVERYTHING FORUM :: general chat-
Jump to: